National Education (NE) comprises a wide range of school efforts that help students experience and explore their national identity as Singaporeans, understand the realities and challenges unique to our nation, and foster a sense of hope and belonging to Singapore.
A strong sense of belonging, reality and hope motivates our students to be active citizens. While they seek to achieve their personal life goals, they also see themselves as playing a contributory role in their immediate communities and in the nation.
NE in Mayflower aims to be empowering and aspirational, allowing for individual sense-making, so as to nurture engaged citizens, who are socially aware, adept at critical thinking, and informed about local, regional, and global issues.
- NE Commemorative Days
- NE Infused in Daily Routines
- During the Flag-Raising Ceremony, our students sing the National Anthem and recite the National Pledge to reinforce the values we stand for as a Nation.
- Through their Everyday Responsibilities, students cultivate good habits of life, such as classroom cleaning and class duties.
- NE in Co-curricular Experiences
- NE Learning Journeys (LJs) are authentic, out-of-school learning experiences of both core NE LJs and subject-based LJs. These enable students to explore their personal and collective identity by engaging with the people, perspectives and places of Singapore.
- Values in Action (VIA): Through VIAs, our students are encouraged to identify and understand community issues, initiate action among their peers to make a difference, and improve the lives of others.
- Co-curricular activities (CCAs): Our students’ participation in CCAs promotes friendships among peers from diverse backgrounds as they learn, play and grow together. Through this, CCAs fosters social belonging, commitment and a sense of responsibility to school, community and nation.
- Cohort Experiences which include level camps, Sec 3 MOE-OBS Challenge Programme.