Singaporeans who are planning to go overseas for work or related concerns may reserve places for their children in their current school under the Leave of Absence (LOA) Scheme. Upon their return to Singapore the children can be readmitted directly to their schools.
Applicants are to submit the online LOA Application Form.
- The Leave of Absence (LOA) scheme applies to all Singapore Citizen (SC) and Permanent Resident (PR) children studying in primary schools, secondary schools, junior colleges and Millennia Institute.
- To be granted LOA, your child must fulfil the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Presently studying in a Singapore school
- Accompanying you on an overseas posting with the intention of re-joining the school after returning to Singapore
- Child is already registered for Secondary 1 but will be overseas at the start of the year
- Please prepare the following information before you proceed with the LOA application, such as:
- Student information ie Full Name, NRIC/BC Number
- Parent information ie Full Name, NRIC/FIN/Passport Number
- LOA period and reason
- Softcopy of supporting document(s) for the LOA application
- The school may contact you for additional clarification and/or documents (if required). Please note that the LOA application is subject to the Principal’s approval, and the school will notify you of the outcome.
- Schools will charge an annual nominal fee for a child on LOA. For LOA periods of less than a year, the annual LOA fee will be pro-rated accordingly. Upon successful application, the school will advise on the payment procedure for LOA fee.
- All successful LOA applications will expire at the end of the year and you will need to inform the school in November if you wish to renew the LOA for another year. Your child’s LOA status will expire if you choose not to renew.